Below is a quick summary of the progress made on Ohio Construction Reform to date:
- The first three Administrative Rules (Surety Bond, Contract Form and Subcontract Form) became effective on Dec. 26, 2011.
- The last four Administrative Rules (Prequalification, Best Value, Electronic Advertising and Electronic Bidding) will go into effect on Feb. 3, 2012.
- The final General Contracting (Single Prime) documents were posted on Dec. 26, 2011.
- The final Construction Manager at Risk contract documents are nearly complete and will be posted to the OCR website on Feb. 2, 2012.
- The final Design-Build contract documents will be developed next and are anticipated to be ready in mid-March. Drafts are anticipated to be posted for public comment on Feb. 9, 2012.
- OCR Academy, the definitive seminar to learn the details of the changes in public facilities construction in Ohio, will take place in seven Ohio locations in February and March. To learn more and register for the OCR Academy in your area, click this link: http://www.regonline.com/ohioconstructionreformacademy.
All of the above information is available on the Ohio Construction Reform website at http://ocr.ohio.gov. We encourage and welcome you to review the information on the OCR website on a regular basis for new information or revisions to previously posted documents.